Information for new Foundation Dentists
Are you a final year dental student looking to do your vocational training year at a friendly, family-centred, General Dental Practice? Then look no further than Padstow Dental Practice!
About our FD trainer
Ross MacRae has been a FD trainer since 1991 and is proud to welcome newly-qualified dentists to the profession. As well as training FDs, Ross:
- mentors new FD trainers
- lectures for the HEE SW
- gives lectures on dental photography to 3 South West FD groups.
- was an examiner for the NEBDN (dental nurse) exam
- previously ran the Cornwall Dental Nurse Course for trainee dental nurses
- presented cases at LDC study group
- runs CPD sessions to DCPs on radiography, dental photography, plaque & debris scoring and impression taking.
- has recently gained his PG Cert. in Dental Education with the University of Bedfordshire.
All of this, combined with his enthusiasm for training, makes Ross the ideal trainer for you.
About the practice
We are a long established busy family practice situated on the ground floor of a converted fisherman’s cottage in the beautiful coastal town of Padstow. Our two surgeries are well-equipped and include:
- digital x-rays
- wireless intra-oral cameras
- Ni-ti endodontic equipment (Reciproc and ProTaper)
- Phantom Head
- Denar Facebow
- Diagnodent scanner
- Prophyjet polishing
- fully computerised system (with SOE Exact software)
- Broadband and Wi-fi internet connection.
We are staffed by an experienced team supporting the dentists and hygienist.
Above the practice is a large fully furnished 2 bedroom flat which the Foundation Dentist may wish to rent. This offer has been taken up by five pervious FDs.
The thoughts of the present FD
'Your FD year is something to enjoy to the full, to learn new skills and grow as a person and a clinician. I couldn't think of anywhere better to do that than at Padstow. The team is incredibly welcoming, extremely friendly, and endlessly supportive. As an ES Ross will support you both with your clinical work, and with settling into life in Cornwall. The practice is equipped with all the equipment you need to improve your skills and provide the best care for your patients.
With the added bonus of having the beach less than 5 minutes away!'
Get in contact
If you are interested in doing your FD placement here at Padstow Dental Practice and would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
You can also spend all or part of the day with us to see how well the practice works and what we can offer you - please get in touch to arrange a meeting.
You can call us during working hours on: 01841 532 373
or email Ross at: email@example.com
Alternatively you can use the contact form below: